Write these vocabulary terms:
- shading: the representation of the different values of color or light and dark in a painting or drawing.
- highlight: the lightest part of a drawing (whites)
- midtone: the middle values of a drawing (greys)
- shadow: the darkest values in a drawing (blacks)
- Put your name in the bottom right
- Draw five (5) one inch by ten inch rectangles, measuring with a ruler carefully.
- Above each rectangle, label each one like the example.
- Make sure you leave one inch space between them.
- Start at the left of the shading scale, and draw in your shadow
- Move to the right getting lighter to the midtone at square 5
- Finish each scale on the right by adding the lightest values in the highlight.
When doing your hatching, cross-hatching, and stippling:
Remember to move your marks closer to each other to generate darker values!