In order to check out any equipment from class for their period or for use overnight, students must do the following each time:
- Check in your Channel Islands High student ID w/ photo to the space on the check out system corresponding to the number of the camera you are checking out.
- You must wear a lanyard around your neck when you leave the room. Lanyards are near the closet door. No more lanyards?- wait for one to return.
- Check the camera and any peripherals you may need (battery, strap, case, SD card, ect.)
- Turn it on to make sure it is charged. Please charge your camera up if you check it out overnight!
- After taking your pics, be sure to upload your photos to your folder on the server. Now delete the pics left on the camera.
- When turning in your camera (or other equipment) – re-check to be sure that you have all peripherals (strap, case, battery, SD card). It’s easy to leave the small SD card in the computer- be careful!
- Place the camera neatly back in the spot by number- leave the closet neater than you found it!
- Take back your student ID. Thanks!
Please remember that when you wander around campus with that camera you are a representative for the Art department. Behave accordingly! If you think that what you are doing may be in a gray area, but you are not sure- don’t do it.
Students in Digital Photo may not:
- go into another teacher’s class (unless you have asked in advance)
- bother or distract another class/group/activity
- bring students from another class along w them as they shoot
- bother students out on campus
- take advantage of the pass to waste time and wander for 55 minutes (somebody really needs to use the camera/lanyard)
It is a privilege to be able to take this class. It is a bonus to be able to get out and take pictures on campus. Please take this seriously. I expect your best behavior when you are out representing your class and this Art department.
Choose to disrespect this privilege? -You will lose it.
cameras may be checked out during the period, at lunch or nutrition, or after school.
Check out a camera overnight?- It must be returned before first period! No exceptions. You may not be:sick/late/absent from school that day.