In Multimedia class we will focus on four concepts:
- Digital Art – using Adobe Photoshop!
- Web Design – WordPress or Weebly
- Animation – Adobe Premiere/Flash
- Digital Video – Adobe Premiere
What is this class really for?
Here we produce videos, posters, flyers, signs, and other advertising or marketing materials that transform the way your classmates (and even your teachers) see and perceive our school! Yes, your job is to help us educate, inform, clarify, and successfully take freshmen and produce graduating seniors who posses all of the real world skills an abilities that we commonly associate with:
- Social Responsibility
You will all be graded on the following criteria:
- The quality of your work (PSA videos that have sloppy editing get a lower grade)
- Your ability to work independently and follow timelines to reach deadlines.
- The quantity of your work. Each month a piece will be due- can you produce?
- Your attitude and ability to work together, follow directions, and get results.
- Your attendance.
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
Here are some questions to think about on your first day of class – be prepared to share out loud what you come up with. Please use complete sentences.
- What skills does the 21st century student need to be successful?
- What do you think this class is going to teach you?
- Describe your experience with technology and computers.
- What is one of your goals in life?
- Who are your heroes (who do you look up to)
As we will be sharing a computer lab with another teacher (and with other classes) please respect the computers and the room. I will ask that you practice smart lab etiquette by always leaving the room a little cleaner than you found it.
- Remember to log out fully before you leave so that no one but you has access to your files.
- Please bring no food or drink except for water (avoid spills).
- Do not remove or add and software from the lab computers.
- You may listen to music on headphones (when instruction is over) as long as I and your neighbor cannot hear it.
- Use of the internet does not include Facebook or other social media sites (unless we are doing research for web design).
This class is very much about moving up from using your memory to Memorize and Regurgitate information, towards Creating new works of digital art!
Any class that asks you to create is going to push your understanding of the topic towards the very edge of your capabilities. Making something from nothing requires that you really get something. You are not going to be asked to fill in a blank on a multiple guess exam! You are going to make original works of digital art. Remember that as you struggle to learn how to use Photoshop, Premiere, and your classroom’s network.