Students will get the opportunity to design their first work of digital art for an actual client – the new background for Raiders Live. Notice the color scheme uses our school colors, blue and yellow. Our mascot is the Raider, so the cartoon version is drawn in as the single largest object, also using our school colors. The reflection on the “floor” of the image gives it a high-tech look (maybe to remind us of a reflection on a TV screen?). The simple background of “clouds” are done again in blue and yellow so that we get Harmony throughout our image- everything is tied together by the use of Color.
After thinking about current events, one of your classmates came up with this modified version to be used for Spirit Week:
Start by sketching a new version on paper. Once your sketch is done, we will scan it into Photoshop again, just like Exercise Two. Here are some of the ways that you can think of the Design Process:
- What is the purpose of the image? What do I need it to communicate to the audience? Who is my audience?
- Do I use the same color scheme (the blue and yellow CI colors)? Or a new color scheme?
- Should I use the Raider mascot (the pirate)? Re-draw him? Remove him?
- Do I need the title (CIHS Live)? Should I remove it, alter it?
Once you have drawn your new Raiders Live design, give it to me to scan- I will place it in your folder as a PDF. You then open it in Photoshop and save it as E03LastFirst.psd
Here are some ideas for your drawings:
- Holiday versions of the Raider Logo
- Halloween Mascot
- Homecoming Dance
- Spring Break
- Sadie Hawkins Dance
- PSAT/SAT testing
- Cartoon Version
- Movie or Current Events Version
Mr. Blumenthal will choose which ones he wants to use on Raiders Live and you will become a (minor league) CI Celebrity!