Students will create short commercial-style PSA’s (Public Service Announcements) Choose one of the four topics (Community, integrity, Honor, or Social Responsibility) and create a short animated film that teaches your target audience a mini lesson about that topic.
Here is a student-made PSA on Texting and Driving.
This project will serve as your semester one final project, so it is worth 200 points.
Your video must be 30 seconds minimum, but no more than 1 minute long and must include the following:
- animated title created in Photoshop using Type Tool
- at least one imported image created/edited by you in Photoshop
- use of the Position, Scale, Rotation, and Opacity effects on image/title
- use of at least 3 effects transitions
- use of at least one video effect on one clip
- 20 seconds of video shot by you for this project (no old footage)
- 10 seconds of video imported/downloaded/borrowed
Follow the link here to see a student PSA on Integrity, animated in Adobe Premiere. Here are the definitions of these words to help you start on your research into creating your PSA!
Here are some very funny PSA’s for made up concepts.
Notice the differenr types of shots used to set up the short story that teaches a concept or idea to the audience.
Here is a very good simple and short PSA for Internet use.
noun, plural com·mu·ni·ties.
[on-er] Show IPA
is an ethical theory that an entity, be it an organization or individual, has an obligation to act to benefit society at large. Social responsibility is a duty every individual has to perform so as to maintain a balance between the economy and the ecosystems.